10 Things Depression Truly Hates
While the numbers are somewhat scattered, current estimates suggest depression 322 million people worldwide live with some form of depression.
But what if you could change the dynamic? Are there things you can do to fight back against depression and feel empowered? The answer is yes and here’s why: there are specific activities you engage in that depression hates!
In this podcast, Dr. John Moore offers a broad overview of the symptoms of depression. Additionally, he walks listeners through 10 specific activities that make depression run for the hills.
- 8 symptoms of depression
- A discussion of the importance of visiting a medical doctor to rule out medical causes for a down mood
- An exploration of 10 things depression doesn’t want you to know
- The insidious nature of depression
- How depression lies to you and tells you things that aren’t true
- How depression distorts the way you see yourself
- The importance of a circle of support
- The benefits of talk-therapy and how it causes depression to become terrified
- The role of mindfulness in depression
- The use of physical activity and how it helps to repel depression
- Why depression loves when people don’t take their medications
- How acceptance of depression paradoxically minimizes its impact
- The role of your diet and the battle against depression
- Why shame about depression is so caustic
Resources/People/Places Mentioned In Podcast
- The original article of 10 things depression doesn’t want you to know (PsychCentral)
- DSM criteria for depression (Psycom)
- What is anxiety podcast
- Foods that fight back against depression
- National Suicide Prevention Hotline
- Find a therapist in your area on Psychology Today
This podcast was recorded live in Chicago, Illinois.
If you liked listening to this podcast, please feel free to leave a rating on iTunes and include your feedback. Your comments help me to stay motivated and create new content.
Thanks for stopping by the blog!