Self-Esteem Hacks for Men
If the answer is yes, you wouldn’t be alone. Confidence issue are one of the main reasons why men seek out therapy.
When left unchecked, low-self confidence can lead to all sorts of problems. Examples include general unhappiness, anger management problems, and even depression.
In this podcast, Dr. John Moore dives deep into the topic of men and self-esteem and offers 8 things guys can do to create positive change.
Here are the show highlights:
- A working definition of self-esteem.
- Insights from the book, Managing Stress by Dr. Brian Luke Seaward (see Amazon).
- How early life messaging can impact your self-concept.
- Alcoholic parents and childhood development
- The story of Nick – a perfectionist who needed to be the best at everything.
- A definition of cognitive restructuring with example.
- An examination of the critical voice (inner critic).
- How to combat your inner-critic.
- Retooling and mid-career professionals,
- Why “I should” statements are super damaging.
- How to avoid playing the game of comparisons.
- Creating mindfulness in your life to stop negative thought spirals.
- The importance of diversifying your interests.
- How to not put all your “self-esteem” eggs in one basket.
- Learn how to ditch learned helplessness and the victim card.
- Why setting short term goals and then achieving them helps to bolster your confidence and self-image.
- Tips for self-empowerment.
- Ideas for increasing your support systems.
- How to create a circle of confidence.
Resources/People/Places Mentioned In Podcast
This podcast was recorded in Chicago, Illinois.
If you enjoyed this podcast, please leave a rating on iTunes and include your feedback. The comments and ratings you leave keep me super motivated to create more recordings.
Thanks for stopping by!