Mindfulness coaching in Chicago
Searching for a mindfulness coach in Chicago? Hoping to live a calmer, more relaxed life? Are you tired of anxiety and stress making you feel miserable and run down?
If the answer is yes, you aren’t alone. As a life coach in Chicago, I can tell you many people are looking for mindfulness-based stress reduction (MBSR) strategies to help them cope with life’s pressures.
What is mindfulness coaching?
In a nutshell, mindfulness coaching is an approach to wellness, whereby the coach teaches you skills to help you remain centered and present in the here and now.
Mindfulness coaching isn’t about denying feelings or trying to push them out of your mind. Instead, mindfulness grants you a skill whereby you can observe your thoughts and feelings objectively without letting them consume you.
What will I learn in mindfulness coaching?
Skill-building is a critical element of the coaching process. Working in tandem, you are taught specific techniques on how to remain centered in the moment with the goal of feeling calmer and more focused.
Example skills you will learn:
- Breathing techniques designed to lower anxiety and better manage thoughts.
- Thought acceptance, integration and clearing.
- How to conduct a body scan.
- Autogenetic training uses as part of body regulation.
- Self-hypnosis through guided imagery.
- Observation meditation skills.
- Thought awareness techniques, designed to prevent emotional derailment.
- Bilateral stimulation techniques to help create a state of centered homeostasis.
- How to make healthier life choices, gained through mindful living.
- Confidence building skills through thought observation.
- How to reduce anxiety, using mindfulness-based techniques.
- How to self-regulate emotions with the HeartMath approach.
- Anger management techniques through breathing exercises and thought assessment.
- How to make smarter choices about alcohol and food.
- How to tap into internal resources that reside deep inside for greater motivation.
- New approaches to thinking that are healthier and more balanced.
- Techniques for working through fear, panic and trauma.
- New ways of listening, including active listening skills.
Benefits of mindful coaching?
When you engage partake in mindful coaching, you give yourself the gift of learning concrete skills that can be used in the real world.
The benefits include:
- Discovering how to tap into your inner-resources to create a state of calmness.
- Being more emotionally present to your significant other or family members.
- Recognizing that thoughts do not have to dictate your feeling states.
- People management skills that can be used to create meaningful change.
- Greater focus and concentration for activities of daily living.
- Increased productivity at work or home.
- Heightened awareness around alcohol use or activities that can be unhealthy.
- Enhanced athletic abilities for sports and exercise.
What are your qualifications?
I am a Certified Life Coach through the Academy of Coaching and Training. Additionally, I am a certified Transcendental Meditation Teacher through the Transformation Meditation Institute. As a college instructor, I teach courses in psychology and wellness.
Finally, I am a counselor in private practice and Board-Certified Clinical Hypnotherapist. You can learn more about my bio on this page.
How does coaching happening?
Much will depend on your schedule and mine. Ideally, we would meet in my office for face to face sessions. There may be times, however, where schedules do not permit such meetings. As an option, video sessions may take place.
How many sessions will I need?
The number of sessions will largely depend on your needs and what you are looking for guidance around. Mindfulness coaching tends to be short term in nature, requiring only a few sessions.
If, however, mindfulness-based techniques need to be incorporated into ongoing work to address specific issues, the process can take longer.
Lakeview – Uptown Location
I am in Chicago’s Lakeview area/Uptown, at the corner of Irving Park Road and Pine Grove Avenue, in a building called Park Place Tower. The address is 655 W. Irving Park Road.
How do I make an appointment?
To make an appointment, simply complete the contact form through this link. You can also call me at 773.704.5300.
Please note that my ability to work with you may be limited because of my existing client load, plus other responsibilities. Should we be unable to schedule, I am more than happy to give you a referral to a qualified professional.